My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, July 23, 2010

To the moon and back again...

Yes, the trip I have been waiting for all year finally happened. It was great.

People ask "What did you do?"

Well, goofed around in Seattle, stayed in a sweet condo in Pacific Beach (walking distance to the ocean), spent time with my siblings and parents, did the family reunion thing, went to the Hoh rainforest, did the twilight thing again (gag me!) haha., swam with seals. you get the picture.

So the seals part was more my siblings, only because I was sick that day. SAD! haha.

It was just as I remembered it. This time I got the Seattle effects! No rain, but the thick fog! I said this once and I will say it again. I absolutely LOVE the beaches there! I think most of the pictures I took were at the beaches. I can't explain it, but they're breathtaking.

 "Goonie Beach"
So in this picture we called it goonie beach because on the left side of the beach (not shown) there were 3 rocks that looked like the ones that fit into the key stone that Mikey had.

haha. According to my siblings that's what they thought.

To me it seemed like we stopped at every outlook. My brother even jumped into Cresent Lake, as we stopped for lunch. that was hilarious!
The HAHA Moments
There were so many random things that happened on our trip, and most of this post will probably be about that and you may think, Nichelle I have no clue what you are talking about, or how is that funny? So i'll say it right now, "Ya had to be there!"
"LIGHT BULB!" -Gru (Despicable Me)

In the video, Zack had barely gotten into the lake, Rhiannon and I had a good idea to play a trick on him. She was going to distract him, and then throw a rock in to splash him. The water was a little chilly, but Zack went in anyways. It was funny. Once the Rock hit the water Zack got payback, and as he started splashing us I knew it was over, and it would be tragedy for my phone. haha so I ran. Lol.

I love my family just for the reason that some simple question, phrase or remark, can be taken so seriously or as a joke. Equally we all have our random moments, frequently mine happen with friends, but on this trip the random/ funny things go to my brother and sister (zack and kristen)

Don't mess with the Jellyfish!
On our way to Forks/ La Push, these two had a interesting conversation. first of all I can't believe my 16 yr old brother continued to agrue with my 7 yr old sister about the size of jellyfish. You see Kelpy kreme (kristen) is an animal lover. She truly does know alot about animals, and most of the time if we argue with her about it its just because its cute how mad she gets or how she will sit back and argue with you about it. I was sad that the audio is bad, only because my dad had the window down. The conversation was so good.
After this conversation, Zack pipes in as always, and we start talking Twilight. Here is the conversation.

Zack's Twilight moment
Zack: Have you ever noticed how when bella and edward kiss there kiss looks so painful?? I wonder why so many girls and women go GAGA over it. I mean is that what girls want these days? A painful kiss? so do I just walk up to a girl and say 'HEY! want a painful kiss? Pour some glitter on me and I'll sparkle for you!'
(I was laughing so hard. He had a point!)
Zack: I mean look at jacob and Bella's kiss, he knew how to do it. The reason Bella punched him probably was because it didn't hurt her the way edwards did, so she had to punch him just to get that satisfaction. Shoot i should be more like Jacob. Just take the initiative and kiss a girl I like, that guy did it right. If the girl happens to punch me and break her hand, well that's her problem. I'd break my hand too if I punched pure awesomness!
I kid you not. he SAID ALL OF THIS! where does this kid get this stuff.

Kelpy Kreme
So my sister, oh my sister. I love her to death and I hope that her humor stays with her. She's only 7 but always says the most random things.
so we're at the condo in Pacific Beach, just chillin out watchin TV, she walks in the room as we're eatin Oreo's
K: Raise your hand if you don't like Crickets...
Me: huh??
K: you know the cookie
Me: you mean grasshoppers??
K: uh...yeah those too...
Me: (giggles) kelpy those are delicious. why don't you like them??
K: (thinks for a second) uh...i...oh I like them too.
Me: Why did you ask who didn't like them.
K: I just wanted to see who would raise their hand

That night.
We were all exhuasted. but my brother and sisters proceeded to make noises and giggle. Zack was making noises with his mouth (the water drop thing) The noises and stuff would go back and forth between kelpy and zack. Finally I was like, "ok go to sleep you two, quit makin noises" Zack does one last sound and then a different noise. I thought it was kelpy, so I said "Kelpy, stop"
K: That was zack!! I don't know how to do that one!
Rhiannon and I laughed so hard because her tone was priceless. Zack couldn't help it either.

The Fearless One
Now I can't forget Rhiannon. She is somethin else. She is such a go getter, and if she's learning something new she won't stop until she gets it right, or comes out first. The day I was sick, they rented wet suits and boogie boards and we headed to the tide pools. She was out there FOREVER in the freezing ocean riding the waves. After her 3rd try, she nailed it! She was better than Zack. it was great!

A bonus that day, a whole family of seals came in and were fishing in the water. It was pretty cool to see them, obviously no one was in the water when that was happening. Rhiannon was busy drying off and getting warm, Kelpy building sand castles, and Zack...finding driftwood that looked like guns. haha.

A Priceless Thought
I guess I could go on forever talking about little moments we had. I guess the important thing is I had fun. Just another memory with my family. Loved every second I got with my aunts and uncles.  Game night was the best, even though it didn't last long. Still always great to swap stories and what not.

Family reunions, they sure are great, especially when you're with a family like mine!


1 comment:

  1. Game night ROCKS! We need more of those... oh wait, you don't live in the state anymore... *sniff*

    Those were awesome stories to read, you have such an awesome family. I think I might adopt them... :)

    ReplyDelete