My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The 3 Day Adventure!

Friday:
So after a long 5 days at work I was so happy to have a 3 day break! I was pretty curious as to what fun would find me! Well friday Jenna and I did some major cleaning; because we had cleaning checks the next day. I think these things are so dumb, especially by how strict it is. We don't have much cleaning supplies so I did as much as I could with what I had.
Cleaning took me back to the saturday mornings at home, when my dad would wake us all up at 8am. I ALWAYS hated it when my dad did this and loathed saturday mornings but you know as I grew up I grew to appreciate those times, especially when I moved out the first time. That year I was on my own even though I lived 2 miles from home. I missed...yes missed doing yard work! I think if I had to pick a chore that's the one I missed the most. haha. But when we'd clean I took pride in whatever my job was and did it. I'm not trying to make myself look like a saint when it comes to chores I had my difficulties with self motivation and i'm sure my parents can comment on that. But I knew that it was something needed to be done.
Back to the present, living up here in utah I've had to use all the knowledge i've gained at home in order to survive. So as I cleaned the bathroom and livingroom; flashbacks of my dad popped into my head, of how effecient he always was. Then seeing the end result and feeling good about what just occured. Plus Jenna and I had another self motivator, our friends Addy and Alex told us they'd come over to help us clean. Jenna was the one who spoke to Alex on the phone and it was funny because their conversation was ALL in spanish (Jenna is going on a mission, spanish speaking) so I only caught a couple words. But her reaction to Alex being persistent to help us was hilarious. After she hung up she quickly stated "Nichelle we have 30 min to get this house spotless, Addy and Alex are on their way over!" We worked so hard to accomplish our task. They boys did come seeking to still help us. I'll admit it was pretty awesome of them to do. Once the task was done the house looked and smelt great! I was confident we would pass in the morning.

After cleaning, we all sat in the living room dicussing what our plans were going to be. After the infamous question of "So, what do you want to do?" was asked repeatedly Addy came up with a great idea to bike from the Provo Canyon to Utah Lake. I'll admit, I wasn't too gun-hoe for this idea, coming from AZ where I didn't do much outdoor activities just mainly because its so stinkin HOT I was a little standoffish to the idea, but what they hey its something new! The deal got better! Addy's grandparents had a 4 person bike and a tandum bike. I thought the 4 person one sounded pretty sweet! We picked up the bikes and headed to Provo Canyon!

We met up with our friend Bart at vivian park, where he had the bikes. Jenna and Addy hopped onto the tandum. Alex, Bart, and I rode the 4 person one. Right away I knew this bike was not meant for tall people! haha. I sat in the front. Alex brought his portable speakers, and i had my ipod. As fas as I was concerned we had a party! haha. Well Bart and Alex soon discovered that the bike was pretty hard to steer! 1 person steered while peddaling, the second peddaled and the other 2 relaxed! haha. The entire time we were in the canyon,the relaxing person was me! haha. I felt bad for the boys, offered to help but they continued with their job. haha. We had some pretty intense moments, I could just see myself time after time going head first into the pavement or off the edge into the river. So yeah I had some near death experiences along with some unforgettable ones! For example, we went Fast and Furious on that bad boy! Tokyo Drift style, we drifted around this sharp turn. I'll admit you could hear fear in all of our voices as each of us said "SLOW DOWN-- BRAKE--WHOA!!" but we made it! no crashes.
This is about what our route looked like
Until we got out of the canyon, along University ave.Jenna was driving the tandum with Addy in the back and all of a sudden BAM they crash going off the edge of the sidewalk. It was pretty brutal they both laid there for a bit, luckily it was onto some grass. They still got banged up pretty good! At that point is where I took over pedalling. Now going back to my first comment of the 4 person bike not meant for tall people, yeah my knees were in for a ride! If the seat could just move back a tiny bit I would have been perfect but NO I was cramed in the passenger seat. Oh boy! did I get a work out! My legs were on fire! It was me, Addy, and Jenna this time. It was a fun ride. But as soon as I started driving the bike I felt so bad cause it truly was hard to control and we had some crashes along the way. I couldn't believe it. I bent part of the metal bar on the front tire cause I ran us into a wall. Yeah not fun, but Addy and Jenna were good sports about it. The view and scenery of the ride was amazing! I really want to do it again! I had a blast. So I got my work out from the end of the canyon to the lake which was maybe like 6-7 miles. The entire trip was 15 miles long! I'm glad I didn't find out this distance before hand or else I probably would have been hesitant to bike it. Now that I did it, I would do it again! haha. The rest of the night for me was more recovery, I was so beat. The boys invited Jenna and I to go see "How to Train Your Dragon" but i'd seen it 5 times (yes I know a bit much, but the 3 out of the 5 were because people hadn't seen it yet. So my Dragon Training was at its limit. haha.

SATURDAY:

The day had come! The dreaded cleaning checks. This check was unique only because it was just jenna and I at home. So we hoped that the ladies would be more understanding if it wasn't up to par. Yeah no we were wrong. I failed my test, I was not happy at all, but thanks to the advice of my roommates and my years kissin up to people, I played dumb and made the lady feel like she was right. But honestly the stuff I failed on was so dismal to what really should be looked at. In my head I wanted to argue with the lady and talk back but I knew it would make it worse. Here are some things she picked at. First off, the stinkin mirror! there was ONE streak on it and it was at the top corner! No one even uses that part of the mirror, I'm tall and I don't even use that part of the mirror so what would it matter?! THEN the edge around the faucet, where the metal is. I'm sorry but those are rust stains that I scrubbed on and would NOT come off. Then she pointed out the counters saying they weren't wiped off. I felt them after she did, not a single grody feeling came off that stinkin counter. There was more she pointed out. Honestly if you go into a bathroom and analyze all that stuff you got some serious issues. Do your business and get out! haha. So I failed. I stood there thinking wow my dad paid attention to detail, and ticked me off sometimes, but this lady my dad look like a saint. She's the cleaning Nazi! But being me, I listened and asked questions, and yes she failed me but I didn't get charged because "I took it so well, and I was a nice girl with no attitude" So that played in my favor. As soon as they left I rolled my eyes and tried to figure out how I was going to do all that junk before wednesday when they come back!

Well the fun starts, the plan was to go to Mona to the rope swing. I was pretty excited because I'd never really done a rope swing into a lake. Luckily that day I got a nice text from an old friend who lived here in Utah! Tanner! We went to high school together, and had some pretty goofy times, so when I invited him with us I was so happy to see him! It really made my day! There was a total of 10 people in our group. Alex had invited his brother along with some friends they were in his car, then Addy drove his and it was Jenna, Tanner and I. We had a grand ol' time in Addy's convertable. But of course you always have to have a misfortune happen, and we should all know this that you loose things so easily out of a convertable! Tanner thought it'd be cool to poke his head up fromt he front seat and in doing so, he lost his bandana! haha. Jenna and I laughed, but felt bad for Tanner's loss. So that was kind of the joke the rest of the day.

We got to Mona, and there was a bunch of people there. As we got to the first rope it was pretty legit, but a ton of people at it. there were 3 levels with platforms and everything. on the otherside there was another rope and we decided to go to that one. But it wasn't as fancy as the first one. Basically it was a water ski rope. haha. So as a group we watched everyone else go for it, and jump in. Addy was the first one to do it, then one by one everyone tried. Jenna and I got into the water first and watched from there. The Water was chilly when you first got in but as soon as the sun hit it, it was decent. So the fun continued, Tanner was the one that got me up there to try it out. I was scared out my mind but I knew as soon as I did it I'd be okay. I walked out onto the branch, grabbed the rope and rehearsed in my head how it would go down. all I had to do was jump off, hold on and let go over the water. I Jumped...and FAILED! I let go too soon and BAM! hit the water. got the wind knocked out of me. I was so EMBARASSED! Told myself, well i tried, not doing that again! haha. I just watched everyone else do flips and what not. I knew I was going to feel the pain the next day.

We left mona that day, and headed back for Provo. I was excited to get back because that week I qualified for a phone upgrade. The possibilities were endless! I ended up getting a Samsung Reality.
Pretty nice right? haha. I get it on Tuesday! I can't wait for it!  After I got my phone Tanner texts me to hang out. The plan was to eat dinner and hang out. I made Chicken, baked potatoes, and corn on the cob. A treat right?? AHH I was so excited to eat corn on the cob. I've had my braces off for almost 2 months now and I eating corn off the cob was something I missed. We had a good time, we both were extremely tired, but it was pretty cool to see an old friend.

From there, we went out for ice cream and spontaneously decided to go watch Eclipse! I Love this movie! No joke the best movie yet. I can't wait for breaking dawn! So I had a pretty eventful weekend.

Sunday
it has been pretty nice. Church was only an hour long today. We had it at a Utah historical site up on center behind the mental hospital. it was a castle looking place, and we held sacrament meeting in the ampitheater. When we got the place I felt like I was in europe, the landscape was so green and lush with trees and plus it look like a castle. I'm not sure why we had it there but it was a nice change. Came home took a nap, watched"The Other Side of Heaven", and going to my aunt and uncle's house for dinner. So, a pretty chill night in provo. Tomorrow its back to work! 6am! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment